EMJ uses Navan Expense to pay for 99% of employee expenses, gaining real-time spend visibility and 100% employee adoption of the Navan mobile app.
Founded in 1968, EMJ is a commercial general contractor with national reach and local presence. It has diverse experience in many sectors, thousands of partnerships across the country, and numerous repeat customers.
Its mission is to deliver an exceptional experience to clients, partners, and colleagues. Its clients drive its decisions and the EMJ team is there every step of the way to remove pain points and deliver an exceptional experience.
In other words, this is a company that can’t afford inefficiencies. Thankfully, its switch to Navan has streamlined its process for managing travel, corporate cards and expense, saved time and money, and even incentivized employees.
Results with Navan
Today, 99% of employee expenses are paid with Navan cards. Roughly 72% of those expenses are placed on physical cards by [employees] in the field, while the remaining 28%, like software, utilities on job sites, and travel bookings, are paid via Navan virtual cards.
As a result, the company “takes advantage of the Navan rebate and pays vendors more quickly,” according to Ashley Hagaman, an accounting manager at EMJ.
“With Navan rewards, employees have some skin in the game to save the company money, and if we had not switched to Navan, we would have continued spending more on hotels,” said Hagaman. In fact, since switching to Navan, EMJ has saved 30–35% on hotels and 9% on total bookings.
“The times that I've booked flights for personal travel, it was cheaper than it was on any other travel site,” Hagaman said. “Navan Personal Travel is very user-friendly, and its rates are better than anywhere else I checked.” In addition, the support alone is worth booking on Navan. If a traveler’s flight gets canceled or they need a hotel room immediately while traveling anywhere on the planet, Navan's instant, always-on support has them covered.
It’s so much better than anything else we've ever looked into. I love that everything is in one place for accounting. The customer service is fantastic. It’s been a great experience.
Already have an account? Log in.